Do YOUR Part to Protect Drinking Water
Everyone has a role to play in protecting our drinking water sources – streams, rivers, and groundwater – that we rely on every day.
WV Rivers Coalition provides technical assistance to water utilities and their community to make connections for how they can work together to protect drinking water supplies. Contact us to start the conversation today.
We have several helpful resources developed by WV Rivers Coalition that we can share, including:
- Drinking Water Protection – A Citizen’s Guide to Getting Involved to educate community stakeholders and prepare them to take on a leadership role in source water protection planning.
- Source Water Protection Plan Implementation Guide with information on what these plans entail, how they overlap with Watershed Based Plans, and ways the community can work together with utilities to protect drinking water supplies.
- Stormwater & You: An Outreach Toolkit for Watershed Groups, which was designed to help watershed organizations improve water quality, reach new members and build capacity within their organization.
- The Importance of Safe Drinking Water for Protecting Women’s and Children’s Health details some of the dangerous toxins water quality standards protects us from and why removal of drinking water designation is a bad idea.
- Video Library to explore and learn more about water in West Virginia and how WV Rivers and what we can all do to keep it safe.
Not finding what you were looking for? Contact us and we can help connect you with the resources you need.