Opportunities to Get Involved Protecting Your Drinking Water Scheduled for June
After the 2014 water crisis, West Virginia passed a law requiring water utilities to develop Source Water Protection Plans (SWPPs) detailing how the water utility will protect our drinking water.
Plans were submitted to the WV Bureau of Public Health in July 1, 2016. The law requires utilities to update these plans every 3 years with public input. The first round of updates are due by July 1.
We encourage you to participate in this process – clean drinking water is everyone’s responsibility!
Find a public meeting on your community’s drinking water protection plan below! While you’re there, bring with you a copy of our Drinking Water Protection Fact Sheet. The fact sheet provides clear instructions on what you should ask during a source water protection meeting.
Schedule of Drinking Water Protection Public Meetings
- Harpers Ferry: June 10 at 7:00pm, Harpers Ferry Town Hall
- Town of Franklin: June 11 at 6:00pm, Franklin Town Hall
- Charles Town Utility Board: June 13 at 4:00pm, Charles Town City Hall
- Pendleton County PSD: June 21 at 11:00am, Pendleton County Offices – Bradywine, Upper Tract
- City of Martinsburg: June 24, TBD
- Berkeley County PSWD: June 27 at 5:00pm, Berkeley County PSWD Offices – Bunker Hill, Potomac River
Questions? Contact our Eastern Panhandle Field Coordinator, Tanner Haid, at 304-886-2665 or by email at email@example.com.