Parkersburg’s Fort Boreman
Photo Credit: Parkersburg CVB
A commanding view. Fort Boreman was built in 1863 on the heights above Parkersburg to protect the critical junction between the Ohio River and the B&O railroad for the Union Army during the Civil War. The Land and Water Conservation Fund has provided nearly half a million dollars to preserve this piece of history overlooking the Ohio and Little Kanawha Rivers and turn it into a public park. Additionally, the greater Parkersburg area has received almost $2 million dollars in LWCF support since 1964.
Learn more about the Land and Water Conservation Fund.