Job Posting: Eastern Panhandle Field Coordinator
Reports to: Program Director
The Field Coordinator for the Potomac Watershed is a new full-time position established to further the program goals of WV Rivers in the Eastern Panhandle, in collaboration with local grassroots watershed organizations, land trusts, government agencies, public water utilities, and other community partners.
- Serve as the WV Rivers representative to the Choose Clean Water Coalition to organize grassroots support for federal and state policy initiatives. The Coalition is a 200-member alliance of organizations throughout the Chesapeake Bay watershed. https://www.choosecleanwater.org/
- Coordinate the work of the Safe Water Conservation Collaborative, which seeks to accelerate land conservation to protect drinking water supplies.
- Coordinate project teams of government agencies, public water utilities, and community organizations to implement watershed improvement and protection initiatives.
- Serve as the WV Rivers representative in the Eastern Panhandle at public meetings and presentations, partner meetings, and local media.
- Track local policy and conduct research on the impacts of regulation and permits on local communities.
- Grow WV Rivers’ membership in the Eastern Panhandle region.
- Organize and facilitate meetings of partners on a range of topics at a variety of events.
- Provide ongoing reports on project activities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products, including Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to build coalitions and coordinate activities among a diverse constituency to support water policy and implement projects.
- Event coordination and meeting facilitation skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills – including, effective persuasive communication to inspire action, diplomatic communication to foster trust and respect, and clear and direct communication to increase project and organizational efficiencies.
- Experience with public speaking.
- Ability to work remotely, including comfort with technologies that support remote work (such as online activity tracking tools, conference calling, and video conferencing).
- Experience with grassroots organizing, advocacy campaigns, project management, and diverse coalitions preferred.
- Experience in water and/or other environmental issues preferred.
- Residency in West Virginia’s Eastern Panhandle.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel outside of regular business hours as needed.
Salary for the position ranges from $30,000 – $35,000 per year with benefits, based experience and qualifications.
WV Rivers aspires to be an inclusive multicultural organization that celebrates the rich dimensions of diversity such as race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious and political beliefs. Diversity at WV Rivers translates into understanding and valuing all perspectives in order to fully accomplish our mission and vision for clean water for all. Candidates must share a commitment to fostering values of diversity, inclusion, equity in justice in all aspects of our programming and advocacy.
Send cover letter and resume before 5pm EST February 1, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will be open until filled.