Job Posting: Program Director
West Virginia Rivers Coalition (WV Rivers) seeks an energetic, experienced manager with a passion for our mission to serve as our director of programs. The ideal candidate will have an educational and professional background that demonstrates success with program development and all facets of program administration. Candidates must be highly organized yet adaptable, and enthusiastic about joining a small statewide organization in a pivotal period of growth.
This is an excellent position for a self-starter interested in working in an organization that embraces an entrepreneurial spirit and values collaborative approaches to programs that make meaningful differences in peoples’ lives.
- At least five years of experience in program management, including aspects of personnel and financial management. Experience with remote supervision a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – including, effective persuasive communication to inspire action, diplomatic communication to foster trust and respect, and clear and direct communication to increase organizational efficiencies.
- Proven success in grant writing, administration and reporting.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products, including experience in Excel budget worksheets.
- General comfort and confidence with working in technologies designed for remote working environments.
- West Virginia residency, with a preference for location in/near the Charleston area.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel outside of regular business hours as needed.
Job Description – Program Director, WV Rivers
Reports to Executive Director
The Program Director is a senior-level full-time position that provides overall leadership for program development and implementation; is responsible to the executive director for program funding, outcomes and decision-making; collaborates with other directors to ensure coordination across the organization; and leads building of strategic partnerships and coalitions.
- Provide direction and operational oversight on all mission-related programs.
- Ensure organizational accountability across programs and program staff.
- Collaborate with development staff to secure funding necessary to operate and expand programs.
- With program staff, develop and manage program budgets.
- Provide direct supervision and performance evaluation of all program staff.
- With each staff member, create a plan for professional development.
- Oversee development and implementation of annual, quarterly, and monthly work plans.
- Ensure timely and accurate program reporting, including progress and financial reporting.
- Provide timely and informative program updates to the executive director and the board of directors.
- With staff, track all grant expenditures and deliverables.
- Establish management-level expertise in the issues, challenges, technologies, and partners across all programs.
- Serve as a voice for WV Rivers in partnerships and in front of various public audiences.
- Ensure all program staff are complying with administrative and financial protocols.
- Ensure that all program staff conduct themselves in accordance with the tone, culture, and strategic vision of WV Rivers.
- With communications staff, ensure all programs are operating in alignment with the WV Rivers communications plan.
This position offers competitive salary and benefits package based on candidate’s experience.
WV Rivers is a nonprofit organization committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Candidates identifying as part of historically marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will be open until filled.